Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Lucky OR Unlucky ?


I was just thinking of, how lucky & unlucky I m to be living in this era .....Some observations:
Lucky:
  • I m always connected to world, be it my parents or brother or friends or anybody for that matter thru one or all of mobile, net, telephone etc.( my parents waited for 6 years to get a telephone connection)
  • I have access to unlimited number of opportunities in various field which i could not have thought of if i had born 20 years earlier.
  • Computer & Net r really blessings.they have improved a lot in services, produtcs, information and many other sectors.Net has given real freedom of expression & information sharing.I can write whatever i want & share it with others.
  • There r 'n' number of entertainment options available to me.
  • Transport facilities has improved a lot in last 2-3 deacdes.... but so has population & pollution.
Unlucky:
  • No place is safe.I can be attacked anywhere by some terrorist, samshed in some roads or train or plane accident or just can be caught by any new diseases, cure of which has not been found yet.
  • There is no privacy.Big Brother(or someone else) is always watching.(Ask Shahid - Kareena).
  • With refernce to no.2 in 'Lucky' column...though there r 'n' number of opportunities..there is no security of job and livelihood.
  • I m loaded with information which is of no use to me.
  • The world has become more cruel.There is no roof for emotions but only selfishness prevails(in most of the cases).
& Some Future Predictions:
  • It may be possible that i may have to leave my beloved earth & shift to some other planet after some years.Land rate on moon may increase.
  • There may be a good business scope of Oxygen Bars & Fresh Water(or a substitute of it) pills(in condensed form).
  • Main characters of Juarrasic Park Part 9,10,& 11 willl be Tiger, Lion & Elephents.

Suggestions for additions to these lists are welcome.

No comments: